Thursday, May 03, 2007

sko what??

I have bumped into an attitude problem in myself. I'm sure it's not the only one I have, but this is one that's been bothering me for a while. So why is it, that when I can't think of the word I'm looking for in Swedish (like f.ex shoelaces), I automatically turn the entire social situation (of buying the damn shoelaces) into English. I used to do the same in Norway. I'm not uncertain when I speak Norwegian or Swedish, I believe I'm just pure lazy. Or then I just get a kick out of speaking English to non-English speakers because generally I tend to speak a little better than them. I will never learn important little words like shoelaces in Swedish if I don't ask. And so now I've gone through an entire day without finding out what shoelaces are in Swedish *shaking head in disapproval*

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hej, sko snören, förstås!-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker