Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Oh Balestrand, Balestrand. There are certain things that I should have taken into consideration before accepting a job in the reception of this grand hotel. One of them is that there is about a zillion things that we need to do during the day, including taking care of the guests in every way and knowing everything about everything that goes on here. Well, I know nothing about nothing and have my first day at work tomorrow. Alone. Working in the souvenir shop was brain numbing sure, but at least my brain wasn't steaming on the first day of work. I know I'll do fine, people have survived things like this for cenuries, but on these days when I have my mind on the upcoming exam, everything seems a little overwhelming. I'll keep you guys posted and start updating this blog of mine with partypics and other interesting stuff, just as soon as all the other 60 people get here =P

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll most likely be confused till the day you leave for Thailand:). Just when you think you know it all something happens that you just didn't think of..or you experience a computer crash...the joy of working at the front desk. But hey, it is good fun too!! And you do learn faster when you're working your shifts alone and have to do everything. Thinking of you...the upstairs is so empty with just me there...

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger whereonearth said...

Thanks Kjersti! My first day went surprisingly well, had some odd conversations on the phone a couple of times cause of the wierd dialect they have down here but that was more funny then anything else. Am waiting for the boat to take me to Bergen for the oral exam as we speak, I miss you all so keep me posted on whats happening=)

MJ

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Scott D. Meyer said...

Hi MJ!

Hope the exam went well and work is humming along. It's chill here. I had a choir concert last night which went well and I think tonight we might try to go dancing! We'll see. You need to post your new contact info so I can forward you mail and other fun stuff. Take care!
-S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker