Wednesday, August 23, 2006

As it happens, city life isnt for me. Even though this tiny village I'm in at the moment (about the size of Tromso) seems to be unaware that I am very much aware of the fact that I am white. Farang, foreign, blond, na-nuk, whatever you might dream of calling me, I've heard it all before. Bangkok is so used to the streams of scandinavians running around that they didn't pay any mind to me, or not that much anyway. But here, oh the amount of oooooo's and aaaaaaaa's and clapping and yelling you get to hear every time you step outside your guest house room.. I guess some attention is always nice but honestly. Maybe they'll get used to me soon.. =)

Tomorrow we (and when I say we, I mean a class of tourism students from the uni and their teacher who want to follow me on my research trip) will be heading to the islands. Koh Muk is the place we're going and a shady bungaloo will be my final destination. One on the sea, you know! The following weeks will be spent in Khao Lak doing some volunteering. Some actual field work. T'will be exiting and memorable I'm sure! But its time for me to face the crowd again in search for some real phat thai or maybe some tasty dimsum. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker