Friday, August 11, 2006

I guess theres no point in trying to resist. In the steamy night of the red light district of Bangkok, amidst the pingpong shows and boys who look like girls and druelling tourists waving their piles of money around when all you need is 200 bhat and you get a decent dosage of HIV or a nasty STD if your lucky, I decided to change my topic of research. What a cradle fo anthropological wonders those couple of fully packed streets for the damned. Although I must confess that after a couple of Singhaporenese beers I admitted to one of my Finnish/local informants that actually I would like to start a profession as a beergirl on one of the streets. The first (and probably also the last) Western beergirl to ever step into a hot red miniskirt and high heels. I would like to promote Singha. After all, with a university degree in my pocket (or bra actually) my wages might just jump from 200 to 300 bhat a month.

As this fits nicely with the normal mumbojumbo I write onto my blog, (I feel a little too unacademic most of the times in comparison to my other blog compadres) I shall continue along these lines throughout my journey in Thailand. For all of you interested in the academic outcome of my stay here, please turn to my finished Masters thesis in June 2007. Inshallah.

Ok must go but later all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker