Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Right, I have changed my mind. My future won't be entangled in the beer consuming flabby tourists here in Thailand but a more sophisticated croud, Thai mobile phone owners. The director of the biggest local telecom operator DTAC has taken a fancy to me and would apparently like me to be his concubine. Or something. He is looking for a wife/made/cook/english teacher and thought I might just be the right young lady to fulfill those duties. Although I stressed the fact that I don't infact cook or clean so well.

If that doesn't work out I have an alternative plan. Plan B as I like to call it. We visited a small community called Santi Asoke yesterday. Its the perfect utopia amongst all this overflowing consumerism and westernization that I have come to frown upon (although still participating in it pretty obediently). Every member of this Buddhist movement works all day for no money to provide for the development of the community. And everyone seemed so happy and serene. Just like in any other kind of cult, exept they aren't being milked out of their own money (because they have none) and aren't made to commit group suicide for the benefit of the heavens or whatever. Chai. So I might just move there.

There you have it. You can still find me roaming around Bangkok for a couple of days but on Sunday I'm off to meet the people of down south. Until then, take care all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker