Wednesday, September 06, 2006

going septic

After two weeks of building septic tanks with a wild Irishman and a chainsmoking Englishman I sadly have to announce that my time working for the construction site in Nam Khem is over. At the moment I feel torn between my thesis and life outside the tiny academic paper. My heart is telling me to break free from the restrictions of studying but my brain is leading the way at the moment. So as it turns out I will be coming back to Norway in the beginning of October. Again, mixed feelings. I can't wait to see all you guys again after such a long time but on the other hand I'm kind of not so keen on going back to the edge of the world. It just seems so far away from everything. I'm sure things will turn out great again, as they usually do, but for the time being I want to allow myself to feel a little melancolic. Till we meet again, laa khawn khaa and take care!

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Silje said...

Happy birthday!! I've just come home from celebrating - after all, as you know it's a good day for birthdays! I had quite some drinks for you too, considering that you were not there. I hope you've had a fabulous 24th birthday (I know it should be 25 but we need to remember that you celebrated # 25 last year... which was clever of you, since it means you're younger now than last year!)(the more I think about it the cleverer it seems... don't know why I didn't celebrate 27 today? That would have saved me one year next year and that way I could have grown younger instead of older in 2007) Anyway! I hope muang thai treats you well. Mai tong kit maak na kha! Mai pen rai means never mind and remember to eat some tom kha gai for me. Love, s

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Scott D. Meyer said...

we're excited to have you back MJ and the house is great! fun people and the new class is great as well. Don't worry, we'll cure your melancholoy as soon as you return. look forward to having you!

PS- I saw Igor twice yesterday! Apparently "alt er bra i Prestvannet" where he now lives. craziness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker